View Single Post
(#108 (permalink))
Old
Kayci (Offline)
The odd Gaijin :3

Send a message via MSN to Kayci
06-01-2008, 12:12 AM

This is why I love people like MMM so much. Realistic, whether we agree or not. (But in this case, it's the former)

As a junior in high school, I'm struggling...not because I'm stupid, but because it's hard to keep me on track, especially with the past few hard years going on. (No excuse, I know. trying to recover)

I'm making plans to go to a community college up north cali, like san jose or san fran...maybe the tokai university in hawaii when possible.

I'm going because in certain classes in high school, I struggled or have no interest, like math. I got a high school on the CAHSEE, but that's easy anyways...however, it seems to go on from community to university.
My main focus however, is languages. I'll inquire more about taking multiple languages at community, for english is just too boring to be my only language ;D

I know enough japanese to keep conversations and get around, but I will go back to very beginning. I'll be taking chinese in senior year, continue on with it, so I'll see if it's possible to take three languages, along with my catching up classes. (Chinese, Korean, and Japanese)

however, if it's possible to do schooling in japan or Korea, I'll jump at the chance.

I used to be against teaching english in japan, however. I LIED and said it was "beneath me", but really, it's prolly above me. I would make a bad teacher, I fear, and if by some chance I did get to be, that job maybe taken over already with the popularity the idea's given. Basically, I'm scared.

I want to give up my USA citizenship and be considered a "Japanese Citizen" if possible by my 50th birthday.
But on the other hand, I'm afraid of the difficulties behind that too, as one way I'm considering to learn languages in a military linguistics school, where you have to serve, and to me, it wouldn't prolly make sense to the japanese government to give one who served another countrie's fighting/protection force citizenship. (Sorry if this made no sense in proper english. My thoughts are a scramble.)

I know japan is not a perfect society. I know it's VERY difficult, and money is indeed "king".
Plus education. And that I'm a easy-come, easy go person, I guess you can say. I don't act ambitious, unlike most of my japanese friends.

However, I do want to be there. If citizenship isn't allowed, I rather live there for a least a decade, then move somewhere back in US or UK, and just go back every year for visits and such.

By the way, I keep hearing of "JET" program, and other stuff.
Could anyone PM me more info on these programs?
Maybe that could help...

Sorry for such a long post MMM, but any comments/advice/etc would be appreciated. ^^;

Coffee prevents me from killing you.