View Single Post
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Tsuruko (Offline)
JF Regular

06-13-2008, 07:29 AM

Have you tried Okobo?

I love Okobo, they have little bells inside, but they're so noisy! I have a pair, but I don't wear them much because they were really hard for me to find for a decent price.

I wear lots of Geta and Zori myself. I have worn, almost without exception, Geta for two years now. They're the most wonderful things for me to walk in. I don't have great ankles and I'm quite flat footed, so somehow, Geta are wonderful for me. I pretty much strive to own the most ridiculous pairs of Geta and Zori I can find. ( platform Zori?! count me in! )

I don't own a pair of tengu geta, as it's really hard for me to find a pair sized for my small feet. Most tengu geta are sized for men, so they're generally 10 inches plus, and I really need a 9 inch pair of geta to wear them properly, and even at 9 inches, I only get the smallest bit of heel hang. . . : /

I tell you, though, my dream Geta are Koma Geta, like the type the Oiran wear and do the figure 8 step. They're amazing! But I fear I will have to make my own pair, much to expensive! They're sold new for $1000+!

However, my favorite type of Geta to wear are the Komachi style!

Thanks for sharing your Tengu Geta secrets! I'll have to remember this for when I can finally snag a pair! Nice to find a fellow Geta enthusiast!