Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
07-06-2008, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshAussie View Post
hi nyororin

just wondering what you meant by that? i didnt know there view of breasts differed from.. i guess Australia.. could you please explain to me?

or anyone else?
Most women do not have big breasts. In fact, a large chunk of the population doesn`t even *have* breasts that can be measured.
I think it`s hard for women to form a realistic view of breasts when they aren`t exposed to any outside of media, where they are painted as the perfect sexual body feature.

In other words, women are often completely shocked to find that larger breasts actually have *weight*. That they really NEED bras to support them. That they aren`t eternally perky.

I have several friends who were seriously appalled to discover that once they got pregnant and their breasts swelled, that they had to wear a bra. They never felt it necessary prior to that - bras were decorative underwear. Not "support".

That`s also a problem, as clothing makers share that view, so bras are not designed with anything other than looking cute in mind. Good luck finding something that hold the breasts in properly, let alone supports them well enough to prevent shoulder/back pain. I have larger-than-the-average-Japanese (but probably pretty normal US sized) breasts, and finding clothes that fit properly is a battle in futility. Japanese sizes themselves aren`t an issue... Except for the bust. If the bust fits, then everywhere else is frustratingly baggy. But if it`s something supposedly designed for a larger bust, it assumes you won`t be wearing a bra and shows the shoulder (as obviously, if you have those assets, you`ll want to be showing them off.)

I consider this to be a romanticized view, as there is no exposure to the reality of breasts... Even if it`s a mundane bit of reality like them having real weight and needing support, without mentioning the "bad" bits like back pain, etc.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.