View Single Post
(#29 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

07-22-2008, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul11 View Post
The Chinese regime controls all kinds of rediculous stuff -How many children you can have, building dams that displace millions, fate of Tibet, fate of Hong Kong, saftey of Taiwan - the list goes on.
Those are terrible examples... The one child policy thing mainly applies to Han Chinese, and was greatly influenced by what the Western governments wanted... If you have a better solution to controlling the worlds population, i'm sure China would listen.
Building dams that displace millions of people... hmm, I guess it's alright to complain about that because the west has moved on from doing that right? I'm pretty sure every single developed country in the world done things like this to reach the "developed" stage... Kinda hypocritical don't you think?
Fate of tibe??? I think you should read through the Tibet thread we had. It's simply a media exaguration. Tibetans are experiencing a much better life then they've ever had or could ever have with the Dalai Lama controlling it at 100%. Hence why he doesn't want Tibet to be an independent Country.
Fate of HK? I don't know what you're talking about here, but last time I checked, HK was doing well... Please clarify what you mean.
Safety of Taiwan? Same response as above. Please clarify.

EDIT; You know what this reminds me off. lol... Not tooooo long ago, the west were laughing at Japan for still prefering to use bikes over motorbikes, cars etc... And now, they're complaining at China for using them... hmmm... I guess it's always easy to complain when a country feels threatened.

Last edited by noodle : 07-22-2008 at 12:50 PM.