View Single Post
(#9 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

07-25-2008, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
So I just did a currency check on my computer and 3000 yens is about 27 US Dollars. Is that too much to stay at a hotel? 27 US Dollars a night. I have never been to a foreign country so I don't know how too much of one's currency is too much of US Dollars.
Given that even a cheap motel cost about $60-100 a night in North America, we will think that anything under 60 is cheap, and locally in Japan , whichever way you look at it, it is actually an average price, closer to the cheap side, however to some spending 60 a night versus spending 20 a night could mean giving up on a meal or two or having to walk to certain places instead of taking transportation, so it all depends on the individual and how much they planned on spending on the trip.

A friend of mine, who makes an average of 80000 a year (The average household income here is around 55000 a year), is like that too, he planned to spend very little on his trips, nothing wrong with that, different people have different priorities with their money...