View Single Post
(#32 (permalink))
Old
JoshAussie (Offline)
わかりません

The Spam Plan. - 08-03-2008, 02:44 AM

So.. i duno about the rest of you guys and girls, but im really sick of the sicko spammers.

I have a harsh but awesome plan.

So hear me out before you say "NO!"

I suggest after creating 2 threads making the wait time between making a third thread 10 minutes, and if you post one within 5 minutes after that 10 minutes it should go up to 15 minutes etc. i think this would cut down spam considerably. for example. "Smarties" created approximately 40 threads. But what if he had to wait 10 - 15 minutes after creating a second thread. he might make it to like 5 before giving up?

And its not like its going to cause any trouble for real JF users, i mean its not everyday you really want to create 3 threads within 15 minutes of each other right? If your a real JF user the wait time would be no hassle.

OK now for the last bit. This would only be for creating new threads. there wouldnt be any penalty for posting alot. Because that could be a hassle for real members aswell and we dont want that. BUT the spammer would either have to post in his own thread (to keep it alive, because he cant keep creating new ones.) or he would have to post in other peoples threads.

BUT!!!! the good thing about this is! Tho the "ignore" button is usefull. it wont stop showing his created threads on the homepage right? if he has to post in other people threads and your ignoring him. all the threads on the main page or going to be legitimate threads. which means his not going to get the satisfactory from seeing the main page covered with his topic names.

Anyway just a thought. Something needs to be implemented tho to stop the spam.