(#34 (permalink))
Old
JoshAussie (Offline)
わかりません

08-04-2008, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACN View Post
Many standard forums have 3min pr.new thread if I remeber right,
but is it better that he spams other ppls threads then just make new threads that ppl never will even visit?
Depends i guess, if he spams created threads it destroys the main page. + even if you have him on ignore it will still show his created threads. and people do visit and reply to them.. if people put a spammer on ignore it still shows all his created threads. if youv noticed they hardly post at all. by creating new threads its forcing people to see them.

If he spams other people threads but his on ignore, it wont wreck the main page. The ignore button works best only for not showing posts, not threads.

the only other solution i could think of that may be better is improving the ignore button so it doesnt show the created threads on the main Page created by someone on your ignore list. but i think you should still be able to see them if you go into the topics.

for example. if someone is on your ignore list (it doesnt matter if theyre a spammer or not) you just dont like them. and they create a new thread (say in the Anime Managa section) it shoulldnt show for you on the main page. but if you go into the anime manga section you should be able to see it.

that way if you ignore a spammer it wont show theyre threads on the main page (for everyone that has them on ignore) but if youv just ignored a real JF user you dont like, you wont have to take them off your ignore list to see theyre threads if you go into the right section.

so if you like anime manga and you go into that topic you should be able to see the threads even people on your ignore list make.

that would keep the main page clean to some extent anyway.