(#46 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
08-19-2008, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul11 View Post
Please don't assume people are either stupid or attacking your posts.
I didn`t feel you were stupid or attacking me. In fact, I didn`t even realize your post was directly in reply to me. I thought it was just your views on the issue.

I wrote that in what I believed was a very calm manner. I think you misunderstood my statements as being in anger or something of the like. It wasn`t at all.

You said that the issues regarding co-sleeping were not cultural ones, but were related to SIDS. I was pointing out that the issue with SIDS is not a real issue, and has been proven not to be. So it is all cultural. It doesn`t matter what sort of paper it`s wrapped in - clear, or printed with SIDS - the issue at heart is an entirely cultural one.

You state that there is a lot of diversity around you, and that you are aware of this. Less than 15% of the US population admits to sleeping with their children past the age of 1. You live in an area that allows for a lot of variation. Most people do not.

Either way, you yourself stated that there is indeed a "too long" for co-sleeping, and that there are problems caused by it if it continues. I admit, that part did make me sigh... As it just shows how ingrained the belief of co-sleeping → problems is.

I still suggest you muck around a bit in parenting sites - particularly message boards - to see just how very negative the view of co-sleeping is in the majority.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.