View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
fuzzyice (Offline)
New to JF

Possible careers - 08-25-2008, 05:42 AM

So, in grade 9 I started learning Japanese as my second language. things have been progressing nicely, good grades and good cultural understanding. It hasn't been until recently that I've asked myself, where can I go with this career wise? my resume already notes that I have an introductory level of Japanese, which is a bit dated, but I'm only 17 years old and still have a year or so left of school. so my question is, where can I go with Japanese as a second language? I have a huge interest in Japanese culture and language. I also live on the west coast of Canada, where theres quite a bit of tourism; so I already know tourism is an option. I prefer not to deal with people, but even so I think I have good people skills. I have an easy time understanding other cultures, and hold an interest in learning about them. I'm interested in traveling, but mainly to places in Asia. I'm more of a hands on kind of person, I hate the idea of sitting in an office for 8 hours day in and day out. I'm also open to possible jobs in Japan other than teaching English; and I know you need a bachelors degree for a foreigner to work there.

I've probably left out a lot of details about myself, but any suggestions you could give would be great. I'm having a real hard time thinking about a career.