View Single Post
(#93 (permalink))
Old
Housetek (Offline)
is a big dork

Send a message via AIM to Housetek Send a message via MSN to Housetek Send a message via Skype™ to Housetek
09-11-2008, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulman214 View Post
ok, so il start by saying this is a phenomenal thread, gave me a lot of help..

now the intro, lol. im scottish, currently serving in iraq, and im out here until december. me and my mate booked a holdiay in tokyo from 28th dec until the 8th on jan.. not long i know. now i have a few questions as japan is a completely new world to me(hence why we booked it) and i know that i should browse the forum before posting new questions, but being in iraq dosent give me much time. thats why il post them in this thread.

firstly.. im quite gutted to read that things close down for new year!! il be checking out the temples etc, but for hogmany night, and bringing in the bells, i was looking forward to going clubbing. out of the question?? also when do the businesses go back to normal after new year?

second.. we are going to live pretty cheaply if we can get away with it, but for one night want to splash out on a hotel.. preferably one with a lot of floors, and a good view of the city.. anyone be able to help gimme some options?

third.. i was planning on getting a tattoo done, like a traditional japanese themed one.. is there anything i should know before i think about that?? will there be tattoo parlours available to just walk in and get done there and then??

ahh i had more, but i cant remember now.. as you might notice, this was a spur of the moment idea, and we both booked the flights so we couldnt back out.. so forgive my lack of knowledge on the subject, as i am keen on learning a lot about the culture before i go.. thaks hope yous can help
goin back to Tokyo this spring, hope to do a lil video tour with my camera.

MR.JF & Jf God
heres a personal Ty to all who voted and participated http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ER8CsVuTNY

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=housetek
please check out the videos and subscribe!

feel free to pm/aim/msn me for any Q's on Japan