(#17 (permalink))
Old
Eiri (Offline)
Random lost person

Send a message via Yahoo to Eiri
09-12-2008, 01:41 PM

here's mine

Short Stoy Entry: As the world ends

Alexia woke with a start, not remembering where she was, she looked around saw a chair over turned, a small table with two of its legs broken, she looked at the walls, they were painted a lavender color and the window was to her left, the bed she was in bore white sheets and a blue comforter but otherwise the room was plain. Then she began to remember, the night before was slightly blurry, she’d been walking the entire day before and well into the night when she found the empty house. She got up, stretched and ignored the complaint that her legs gave her and went to look out the window of the house she was in, and with the rising sun she saw the devastation of town. Since she was close to passing out the night before, and the fact the she couldn’t see much, she never got to study her surroundings well. Most of the buildings were either burned down or collapsed. Bodies of the dead littered the roads, some with burns, others crushed between cars or crushed by the debris of the collapsed buildings. She looked away, flashes of her mother’s face and screams threaten to take her, she pushed the memories back but not fast enough, she saw it all over again.

Two weeks ago the world was going about its business, when something happened. No one new what or why but whatever it was, was causing fires to spring up everywhere, buildings to collapse, massive sinkholes were devastating the bigger cities, volcanoes were erupting, tsunami’s were threatening the worlds shores, in some places the land was reforming, rock pushing up from underground creating small mountains everywhere and people and animals were dropping dead like death was having a race with itself to see how many it could kill. Alexia was at her second job when it all began, listening on the radio as the strange events spread itself across the world like a ripple, then she her own building started to shake and at the same time got a call on her cell, it was one of her parents neighbors, her parents house was on fire. She rushed to her parents but she was late, their house was burning down, as was the rest of the neighborhood. She heard and saw her mother scream as she tried to run thru the window to get out, she ran to help he but a firefighter grabbed her and got her away form the scene. At the same moment the house collapsed.

Alexia let the memory sink in, for the first time in six years, she cried. Tears were flowing there way out and running down her cheek. In the line of work she never showed her true emotions, but now she let herself cry a bit as she remembered the events of that day. She had ran back to her apartment building which was still standing and being evacuated and ran up to her second floor apartment. By now her assassin/military training was kicked on and was speeding thru everything she needed before she left. She ransacked her closet for clothes, maps, guns, some ammo, radio and her favorite boots. She grabbed a bag dumped everything in it, quickly changed into her black jeans, black shirt and out the door she left. Since then she’d been traveling towards her headquarters only to find it in ruins and everyone dead. She’d been listening to the radio, someone had broadcasted a very interesting theory as to what happened and she was headed towards the broadcasters location, she kept the radio on the same channel but occasionally heard the other ones, and of course everyone had a multitude of theories, but they all agreed on one thing, it was the end of the world.

My Property:Pexster, Slykaz1

If the ocean was vodka and i was a duck,
i would go to the bottom and drink my way up
but the ocean isn't vodka and i'm no duck
so pass up the bottle and shut the hell up!

Score: Eiri: 43 Slykaz1: 78Rojjin: 59 Yuna7780: 79 reihino:15 Crani:22 Ramones1976:0 AnimeBaby:3 Arikado:1 Kikibunny23:3

Last edited by Eiri : 10-09-2008 at 07:57 PM.