View Single Post
(#111 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

09-19-2008, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
Sorry but "Feminism" shouldn't exist. Syphoning yourself off from the rest of the species cos you are female?
Also who said anyone met only a few "radical feminists", which influenced their decision?

Yes there was a time when it was needed, just like many other organisations were needed. Now there is a saturation of "Feminism" which does nothing to help the female position anymore. The majority of people in the world know what is wrong and what is right, with regards to what rights Females should have. Perhaps it is needed in some countries but most, even third world countries, have no problem with female roles.
(I gotta exclude India here and perhaps even Saudi Arabia.)
Like I said, there shouldn't be Feminism, just an attitude to right any wrongs there are. The majority of it is just a "support group" for women who have lost boyfriends now and hate "men".
Feminists do not have to be women. There are a lot of feminists who are males too. I have already said many times in this thread - feminism is not MEN VS WOMEN in any way, shape, or form. Feminism is for the equality between women and men.

Let me take your sentance and replace it with something else:

'Sorry but "Black rights" shouldn't exist. Syphoning yourself off from the rest of the species cos you are black?'

The only difference is that the person is black and not a women. Do you disagree with black campaigners too? Do you think that they are also 'Syphoning yourself off from the rest of the species?' ''Feminism' is just a word to describe 'womens rights.'

There are many places in the world where women are still not equal. That is why feminism still exists today.