View Single Post
(#112 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

09-19-2008, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Feminists do not have to be women. There are a lot of feminists who are males too. I have already said many times in this thread - feminism is not MEN VS WOMEN in any way, shape, or form. Feminism is for the equality between women and men.
I'm for womens rights and opportunities and i'm no Feminist. I am just another person who wants justice in the world. Why should I label myself as a separate entity?

Quote:
Let me take your sentance and replace it with something else:

'Sorry but "Black rights" shouldn't exist. Syphoning yourself off from the rest of the species cos you are black?'

The only difference is that the person is black and not a women.
And why would you do that exactly when I already explained to you that each example has different merit?
Black Males & Females were taken as slaves from their countries, put into "Black Communities" and forced to live in attrocious surroundings. All within our "civilised" Western society.

Quote:
Do you disagree with black campaigners too? Do you think that they are also 'Syphoning yourself off from the rest of the species?' ''Feminism' is just a word to describe 'womens rights.'
Yes if there were no problems with Black people anymore, then I would say that those campaigners are not needed anymore either. I would say exactly what you accuse me of. If those campaigners (after the basic rights of "humans" were fixed), still wanted more, then these would be seen as unnecessary demands. What's left is Human rights, not Black rights.

Quote:
There are many places in the world where women are still not equal. That is why feminism still exists today.
Feminism doesn't do anything for those people. Various human rights organisations help those people.
You are human, not a Feminist. If you choose to be a feminist, you are just wanting to be part of a glorified wives club.
The rest of us can help with in-justice without needing to be stuck with a certain label.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers