View Single Post
(#120 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-20-2008, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasabista View Post
Well, yeah, I conceded your point right away. If your point is "the dictionary says so and so."

Problem is, what you call "radical feminism" is actually the driving force in feminism. As I proved above, it led to the FALSE but widespread belief that men are the main agents of domestic violence. It led to the Duluth procedures, which require police to treat all domestic incidents with the assumption of male guilt. It led to today's confiscatory policies on divorce, which generally hand the children and half the assets to the woman, regardless of who is the better parent and who earned the money.

These are problems that affect all of us, and were created by the feminist movement. If all you want to do is read the dictionary, up to you. Horses to water and all that. But I think Miss Misa posted the original article to get into a more substantial discussion of real social issues. The rest of us will get on with that, if that's okay with you.
Bullshit. Courts do not award women custody and half the assets automatically. At least not where I'm from. And where I'm from there are no feminists crying foul over this. Also there is nothing wrong with recieving half of all assets in my opinion considering the status of marriage as legally binding.