Thread: Harajuku?!
View Single Post
(#38 (permalink))
Old
xnamelessx (Offline)
Fashion is what u make it

Send a message via ICQ to xnamelessx Send a message via AIM to xnamelessx Send a message via MSN to xnamelessx Send a message via Yahoo to xnamelessx Send a message via Skype™ to xnamelessx
09-24-2008, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soup045 View Post
Harajuku isn't a fashion style or trend. Harajuku is a district in Tokyo where young fashionable Japanese teens go to flaunt their unique style. But I'm pretty sure everyone knows that by now. lol

I choose Freedom of Expression from the poll. To me, Japanese Fashion is all about being unique and showing your individuality. Stand out from the crowd and be wild with it! That's why Japan is my fashion capital! Japanese Fashion is so creative and colorful and different from the fashion styles and trends I'm used to seeing over here in the U.S. Especially all the Hollywood styles. I much perfer Japanese Fashion to Hollywood Fashion.

Also, I really don't think anyone in the U.S., expect maybe Anime fans, would publicly flaunt their wild and crazy style. It might come off as weird. lol. But in Japan you can be as unique as you want to be!
This is why i like all of the Japanese fashions and subcultures because people get to be what they want and dress and act how they want. It's like a breath of fresh air cuz usually every1 conforms to the norm so the freedom's nice. I really wanna visit Japan 1 day!

xNaMeLeSsX
aka
SaChIkO
aka
Sarah Cheeks/San

♀ ♀ SaCh Pwoductions♀ ♀

Member of the infamous
Lolita Clan

___________________________________________________________________________ ____________

And the Pucca Clan Leader