(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-29-2008, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott View Post
Hey all,

This forum seems to be a great find while I was looking for some travel advice for japan. I am from Canada and am heading to japan 3 wks from now and like the procrastinator that me and my friends are we are starting to semi plan this now. Was hoping if anyone could answer a few questions.

We are landing in Osaka Kansai Airport and leaving at Tokyo Narita Airport. Firstly we were thinking about booking some rooms with toyoko-inn.com but before we do this we were just wondering about the transportation and specifically the amount of time it takes to get to a destination.

We are planning on probably staying in Osaka for 3 nights maybe roam or spend like half a day in Kyoto and then spend the rest of the time in Tokyo.

So I guess my first question is with the Japan Rail pass, how long does it take to get from Osaka to Tokyo? I believe this is using the Shinkansen trains(bullet trains?).

Second question I have is where are some great places to visit in these 3 cities that you would recommend no tourist miss.

Third question, what are some great night life areas to go to while in Osaka or Tokyo? Im hoping that atleast some of these nightclubs will have some locals and not just a club or bar thats full of foreigners.

I think for now these are my main questions, thanks for all the help!
How long are you staying for?