(#42 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

10-24-2008, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAlphaDuck View Post
oh christ....

im not saying people are FORCED into being a geshia...

but if you are a geshia...do you have the FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION on would assosiate with tradtional artists...

can she decide
"today..im going to sing : like a virgin, by kylie minogue?"

NO.

so you would say that the FIRST thing a geshia should do is be an artist?

and THEN entertain men...

that entertaining men is only secondry to what she is doing??

NO..
it is her raison detre...her reason for being...is entertaining men....that is her PRIMARY function....the fact that she uses singing and dancing is only secondry to that....

can you REALLY not see that?!
FYI, I never disagree their job function is to entertain man. But that doesn't change them from being an artist.

Actors and Actress are also there to "perform to entertain" people. Are you saying they are not artist?

Why do movie star have to read out from the script? Why do stage actress have to act a certain way, walk a certain direction and move in a certain manner?

They don't sing like a virgin because, well, people pay them to perform an art that is within their own realm. I am sure, other artist mentioned above area also not allowed to sing "Like a virgin" while in their own act, unless requested to

As a martial artist (NOTE ARTIST ARTIST), why can't i just punch and kick whatever way I want when I feel like it? Why are our katas fixed? Because, if you do that you actually REMOVED the art content of the practice.

You can't generalize and say that art=freedom, many arts have given rule. Even a drawing, if you want to be an impressionism artist, there are specific ways you draw, you are free to express whatever topics you want, but you have to draw within guidelines to make your work fit the "impressionism" category

Photographer, if I am entering a contest for taking pictures of people, i have to take pictures of people, i can do it whichever way i want, but the topic has to be people

You see my point? The TOPIC for the geisha is to perfom in accordance to the traditional music and dance, which is a form of art