View Single Post
(#104 (permalink))
Old
ILOVEJAPAN (Offline)
JF Old Timer

hi - 03-08-2007, 01:15 AM

Hi im new here and i just read through this whole thread and thought it was very interesting. People have made some complaints about Japan and others have shown them why they shouldnt have made assuptions and should have looked into the culture more. I have heard a few things about Japan that seemed alittle upseting, since i hope to live in japan some day I would like to know alittle more about some of the more negative things I have heard. First of all i have heard they hate other asian countries like China and south korea. I heard that a very racist manga was published about how japan is above South Korea. Also I heard that they are quit homophobic. I heard that if you are gay in Japan you always stay in the closet because its unexeptable to be gay. I have heard its unexeptable to be diffrent at all. Maybe thats why suicide rates are so high? I would realy like to go to Japan, but i realy dont like predjudice and it sound like they have a fair share of that going around. I also heard that if you have a child with special needs you cant get any help for them. I was interested in hearing from the mother who said she had a child with disabilitys.

(i dont mean to sound like im dissing japan these are just things i have heard and i would like to know if they are true untrue or over exagerated)