View Single Post
(#105 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

03-08-2007, 03:02 AM

True and overexaggerated. Japan is a free country. People have a right to express their views and personal beliefs. Only I don't actually find them to be homophobic. Ever heard of Hard Gay? He was some popular TV character or something for a while in Japan. Then you have the communal baths too. Japan is very, very at ease when it comes to sexuality.  Also opposite to the Chinese and Korean issues you raised, consider for a moment that Chinese and Koreans make up the overwhelming majority of non-Japanese living in Japan. Would this be true if there was such extreme hatred for them?  Furthermore if you look at just how much of Korean and Chinese culture, food and other things Japanese follow, consume and adore, their affinity for their neighbors should be evident.

So yes it is out there, but it is not something that I see to be problematic or widespread.

As far as persons with disabilities, I don't know much when it concerns children. However I would say that in general China, Korea and Japan are all three trying to make life easier for their less fortunate yet some issues still remain. Rural areas, I believe, in Japan will face the greatest difficulties in this regard as the number of elderly increases across the nation. Japan is acutely aware of their aging population and is currently building a model for the rest of the world to one day follow as this trend spreads to Europe and North America.