(#106 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
03-08-2007, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILOVEJAPAN View Post
I also heard that if you have a child with special needs you cant get any help for them. I was interested in hearing from the mother who said she had a child with disabilitys.
And here I am. That is totally crazy and not at ALL close to reality.
Having talked to a lot of people in the US and UK who have children with disabilities, Japan`s care and support is incredible.

For one - my son has free medical care until he`s 12, regardless of any special needs or medical conditions.

Our medical records are kept private, and services he receives now will not remain on his record. My son wasn`t even confirmed to have any sort of "special needs" at first, but was approved for intensive therapy and support from discharge on. We have free access to everything available inside our prefecture. My son is now in special needs preschool. We have 24 hour access to health center employees.... Etc.

My son is quite mild - If it`s even really a special need, the doctors are not entirely certain yet - but we were given full access to everything we could possibly need just to be safe.

If he maintains the diagnosis until school age, he will have free schooling and we will receive subsidiaries from the government to help with any other possible needs. He will also receive a special medical card which will give him lifelong medical coverage... For free.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.