View Single Post
(#6 (permalink))
Old
annelie82 (Offline)
Zzzz...zzz.....zz...

03-10-2007, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisuwashi View Post
Annelie, if you mean England, I don't think that's true. Perhaps it is true of older people, who already have made their fortune, but the reason why talented young people leave Cornwall and Cumbria for big cities is because of poor job opportunities, which is clearly also the case in Japan from the piece of news.
I was actually thinking about Sweden, my home country. In my home town there's been a rather significant rise in job opportunities as a result of people "who have already made their fortune", as you say, moving there from the big cities to settle down. In my previous post I was merely suggesting that the same might happen (if the circumstances are right) in Japan at some point in the future.

Right now I live in a flat in North-West England (though I'll be leaving soon), and it is certainly true that as soon as people graduate from university, they tend to get the heck out of here a.s.a.p. and head down south. Can't say I blame them.

~annelie

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." -from the film Coach Carter