View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
nawz (Offline)
New to JF

Smile Where/How to go and stay - 12-14-2008, 03:23 PM

Hello everyone! Firstly, thanks in advance for helping me out!

Me and a friend or two are planning to visit Japan during June-July after we finish our exams.

Well we know we need plane tickets to get there (hehe) but that is about it. We don't really know much Japanese apart from what we hear when we are watching Anime (yes you know where I am going =]). I know that Japan is a pretty huge place and can be very busy...so organization is a must, to me anyway.

Thing is, I don't know which city/place in japan is the best for what.

The friends I am going with are all Anime/Manga fans and we would like to buy collectables and stuff. Somebody told me "Akiba" is the place to go. We'd also like to go to a place where there are good clothing stores since Japanese jeans/t-shirts are suppose to be awesome (I don't know...). Not only that we'd like a place to have fun! Maybe visit some cultural/traditional places (If we need to travel there by train etc that is fine).

I'd also like to visit Shibuya? That huge cross-road place haha.

Sorry to be a pain! But, are there any like travel agencies for people like us? Also, how much (Yen) would you recommend on taking? I'd like to buy a few gizmos, lots of collectables and clothes...

The other issue is where to stay! We don't necessarily have to be in the midst of everything, but a place where you can get to places above easily without any hassle...I guess everything we want to do is in Tokyo....

Anyway! THANK YOU!!