View Single Post
(#61 (permalink))
Old
SimpleasThyme (Offline)
New to JF

12-15-2008, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keaton421 View Post
This isn't about relief though, it's about getting the girl Confessing to someone is almost selfish, like you only want to hear yourself talk. If he needs some relief, he'll get a massage.
There are two sides to everything though. You might be right and my way is just selfish, but maybe getting the girl isn't the issue.

Although we might all route for him, maybe it's better if her and her boyfriend patch things up? Isn't it more selfish to come between two people when an opportunity arises?

I hate to play the devil's advocate, but you have to look at things in more than one way. Perhaps he should try to be more friendly, but then if he becomes too close he might just end up ruining a friendship when he does confess.

There is a down-side to all of this too. Not trying to be mean. If her boyfriend really does suck I'd never stop him from trying to come between them, but it sounds like he doesn't really know either of them that well.

Always Remember:

"Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics doesn't take an interest in you!"
Pericles -430 B.C.

Goals: I will teach English in Japan! I will get a 4.0!