View Single Post
(#62 (permalink))
Old
Keaton421 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-15-2008, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleasThyme View Post
There are two sides to everything though. You might be right and my way is just selfish, but maybe getting the girl isn't the issue.

Although we might all route for him, maybe it's better if her and her boyfriend patch things up? Isn't it more selfish to come between two people when an opportunity arises?

I hate to play the devil's advocate, but you have to look at things in more than one way. Perhaps he should try to be more friendly, but then if he becomes too close he might just end up ruining a friendship when he does confess.

There is a down-side to all of this too. Not trying to be mean. If her boyfriend really does suck I'd never stop him from trying to come between them, but it sounds like he doesn't really know either of them that well.
Sure, it's selfish. Love is selfish. Is there any human action that isn't selfish to some degree? Let's see, let the woman you love patch things up with her boyfriend, or show her that you're the man she needs...

All I'm saying is, there are many pitfalls when dating a woman. Friendship is one of them. If done right though, friendship can be the basis for a strong relationship.

I'm not telling him to kidnap her in the night Just have a casual date, if she obliges, and do a little recon, find out her situation and if it's the kind of thing worth interfering in.

Oh! I wish I was in the land of Ramen
Otaku there are not downtrodden
Kawaii! Kawaii! Kawaii, Desu Ne!

MAXIMUM VIPER
Defender of the Scholar, Scourge of the Otaku, Savior of Japan