(#111 (permalink))
Old
ThirdSight (Offline)
Bane of Stupidity

Send a message via AIM to ThirdSight
12-16-2008, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Welcome to the wonderful world of women.
Fixed.

Zed, dude, you need to really calm down. You just asked her to go shopping with you for some presents, and she's just a bit busy at the moment. Not the end of the world, nor any reason to have a heart attack. Trust me, trust me, if you make it awkward for yourself in the moment, then the moment's awkward as hell. Look at it from a third person's perspective: you're just asking if she'd help you find a present for someone, and if she's help you in person rather than just referring you places because you don't know where to go.

If this idea doesn't work, look at your options? Do you have many friends at the office? Do you know her very well? If no to both, ask her to coffee, drinks, or whathaveyou that you're comfortable with. Get to know more about her that you don't get to know at the office. She's got a cute smile, cute personality, and that's about all we know. I'm assuming that's all you know too; no reason to make it seem like the day's going to end when you're left hanging for only a few. I shudder to think what'd happen if she says she'll give you a call and waits a while before getting around to it.

Take. It. Easy. Don't make a big deal out of all this, you're just being friendly and trying to get to know her better. Are you this awkward when making friends in general? 'Cause that's what you're doing here, nothing more. At least at first.

Baby steps.

-M@

How in the world do people reach 1,000+ posts?

Skadoosh.