(#14 (permalink))
Old
Firebird (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via ICQ to Firebird Send a message via Skype™ to Firebird
12-16-2008, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyUchiha View Post
thats what everyone keeps telling me. I am gonna get organised really. Am just slow at getting started and its all a bit daunting.

Thanks for your advice anyway guys
Just to let you know, getting around the backpackers style is possible, but a bit difficult if you dont speak any Japanese. I traveled around for 2 months now and spend an average 7000yen a day. I stayed at hostels, minshukus, ryokans. I traveled by train, bus and did a lot of hitchhiking. I ate alot of conbini food and cheap ramen or fastfood.
I had a amazing time anyway.
Living in one place and working i spend around 4500yen a day.

But off yourse, a little bit organisazion will be helpfull.
As for tickets: I would try to get a 1 year Ticket (not opern return) and just set a date back when you think youll be going. In the case you want to go earlier you can still change it. But please check in ADVANCE how much the changing will cost and if it is possible! I did this for Australia and it worked fine. To Japan i came with a normal return flight ticket and just didnt take my flight back as im going to travel more insinde Asia after my year in Japan.

Good luck and have fun.

Oh and if you are comming with the WHV, than you can also extend for another 6 month

Back home after 1 year work and travel in Japan and 3 month in Korea: www.teglas.asia (text is in German, but see the pictures!)