View Single Post
(#19 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

12-16-2008, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
I can totally sympathise with that. When you say it's difficult to get a job people think your just slacking off, but since there are so many unemployed people who can work full time and any time, they don't want a part time student that has to take days off for university open days, exams etc. I'm 18 now so it's not like they are allowed to pay me less, either.
I'm one of those people that thinks others are slacking off (not you personally because I saw your efforts with asking help with your CV etc)!! I think it's because I've never had a problem getting a job. Throughout college, I worked at Gamestation to save money to pay for Uni. In France, I don't work, but everytime I looked for a job, I found one... I worked in a Chinese restaurant, Pizza delivery guy (for 2 days, Never take this job in winter, lol) and for my brothers company! I also work every summer holidays. I never have a problem finding a job for the summer because I apply 6 months in advance. Like, a couple of days ago, I've started my applications for jobs for summer 2009.

I think that even with this crisis, there are lots of jobs available. Especially for students. We're so cheap for companies, and most of us tend to do pretty good work as we mainly do it for a good reference... I think people should apply to dozens and dozens of jobs months in advance and be patient. There is no reason why I can find a job and other students cant!