View Single Post
(#102 (permalink))
Old
SimpleasThyme (Offline)
New to JF

12-21-2008, 06:03 AM

I'm still young, but I've had someone cheat on me I've cared about.

One of my happiest times was with her, I'd went down a pretty rough path from starting high-school to meeting her. I was caught up in everything about her and didn't know what she could actually see in me. At first I was really resilient to getting too close to her, but she lured me in and opened me up again. Things were fine, we were happy, and every day I looked forward to seeing her and hearing her voice again, but she didn't care that much about me. I was just interesting and peculiar and someone she didn't understand. Once she did I only became boring and seeing me was somehow becoming a chore. That's when she began to smoke again and I knew something was wrong, even her friends began to become distant.

Her ex came back. Perhaps it was love or maybe he was something new and exciting, but after a year with me she fell into his arms and even had a pregnancy scare with him. I guess I broke a little and became so desperate to be with someone I just blindly forgave her and wished for things to go back to normal. They did, but it was all smoke and mirrors I guess. She just fell back into that rut right again and became distant again. I knew what was happening and tried to ignore it, when she finally confessed I just forgave her again and once more we danced with her betrayal. Finally I realized that it would soon drain anything out of me and I put an end to it.

People fall into ruts and want to feel something new, no matter who they are. That is usually why people cheat in long relationships at least, and other times it's because there really were no feelings of emotion between the two people to begin with and both are waiting for someone better to come along.

That said...Sometimes people can become so lonely and desperate they'll tolerate cheating no matter how much it hurts because they are afraid of being alone again. There is no real way of explaining it other than that. Perhaps it is slightly off topic, but I just wanted to bring up the fact that sometimes people won't stop someone from cheating on them even as it tears them up inside.

Always Remember:

"Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics doesn't take an interest in you!"
Pericles -430 B.C.

Goals: I will teach English in Japan! I will get a 4.0!