(#14 (permalink))
Old
Arikado (Offline)
Elegant Rocker

Send a message via AIM to Arikado Send a message via MSN to Arikado
12-23-2008, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keaton421 View Post
I'm saying that the majority of the time, when people are talking about any musicians from Japan, they mention their appearance - sometimes, that's all they mention even though they love the band.

Boy bands have always been the same - get cute guys, write the same old stuff again and again with a different melody, rake in fangirls' parents' cash. It's genius, really. It's not bad music or good music - it's the absence of musical integrity.

When it comes to the greatest bands in history (and not just the ones that I like), their appearance is meaningless - their voices, sounds, and creativity are the only thing that matter.
Unfortunately, that is the truth. I see too much of that terrible sh*t myself. Sometimes they don't even do a good job with the "cute guys" part. Double fail right there. Two fails don't equal a win either.

Yeah, it's not about the look, it's everything to do with substance. Although X Japan pulls off both very well and is undoubtedly a legend. Obviously there are a few exceptions.

Member of the Metal Club
"Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon and star" -孔夫子