View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

Proposed itinerary for my honey moon - 01-08-2009, 03:07 PM

Hey all. The following is my tentative itinerary for my honeymoon this November. Let me know what you think. The duration will be from November 11 to November 29. I've been to most of these places (except for Hakata), this trip is for my Fiancee (Wife then) mostly

November 11, arrive in Japan. I haven't decide where to arrive in Osaka or Narita yet. But the idea is to travel to Fukuoka (Hakata) right away. So assume that I really can start my activity in Hakata on the 12th.

November 12 - Hakata. Sightseeing, Canal City, and the Yatai along Naka River.

November 13 - Miyajima. We will leave Hakata early in the morning and arrive Miyajima Guchi hopefully just before noon. We will lock our stuff in the locker (Does anyone know if they have locker that will fit a full size luggae, if not, I will need to find a place to store our stuff first). Take the ferry over the the island and visit the shirne. I wanted to climb the Misen as well if time permits, but we want to leave Miyajima at no later than 4:00pm to head for Osaka where we will be based in for a few days

November 14 - We will be based in Osaka now. On the 14th, we will be going to Himeji to see the castle. Then, closer toward the evening, we will travel to Kobe for a nice Kobe beef dinner before we head back to Osaka

November 15 - We will go to the Osaka Aquarium (Kaiukan) in the day, and will go to the Umeda Sky building at night

November 16 - Probably will hang around the Minami area to visit the Dotonbori/Namba area and the canal

November 17 - Change our base to Kyoto. Will visit the Ginkakuji, Sanjusangendo and Kiyomizudera on this first day. Dinner will be around Gion

November 18 - Nara and the Fushimi Inari Shrine

November 19 - Kinkakuji, Kokedera. Possibly a side trip to mount Koya

November 20 - We may make a stop at Nagoya. The wife is a mechanical engineer, so she might be insterested to see the Toyota museum

November 21, 22 - Change our base to Yumoto (Hakone). Will spend 2 days here to relax our self and to see lake Ashi as well as Fuji

November 23 - Yokohama. The Ramen Museum and the Minato Mirai area

November 24-29 - Tokyo. This gets tricky, we want to cover the following stuff, but our time is limited (5.5 days only)

- Edo Museum
- Mitaka Ghibli museum
- Various museum at Daiba
- Disney Tokyo will probably be also on the list.
- Daiba

Standard attractions like: Akiba, Todai, Harajuku (must, she want to go to the snoopy store), Shinjuku, Shibuya, Asakusa.Kappabashi Street

Thats about it. Any thoughts on where I need to shave, add or any other location you think I should take her to? We are not too interested in night life, food is a must, but I suppose I can figure that out myself