View Single Post
(#3 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

01-08-2009, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatredcopter View Post
I haven't been to all the places you listed, so I can't comment on everything. But a few points...

If you're going straight to Hakata, there's no point in choosing Narita over Kansai International. In fact, you might want to consider getting a connecting flight to Fukuoka, as the distance between Kansai and Hakata is rather long, even by shinkansen.

Most of the big JR stations do have large coin lockers, although in my experiences, it can be difficult to find an open one, depending on the time of day, etc. Most cities actually have baggage drops, where people will hold your stuff for you safely, usually for free or for a small price. Just ask the local tourist information desk.

As for Himeji, it can take a while to get out there, unless you splurge and take the shinkansen. It takes a good few hours to get through the castle and longer if you want to check out the city. I'd suggest going early if you want to make it back to Kobe in time for dinner.

If you're going to visit Mount Koya, you'll have to set aside a full day for it. It takes awhile to get there, and you'd be missing a lot if you tried to squeeze it in as a side trip in a single day. You can actually spend the night in the temples at Mount Koya, with traditional rooms and good meals - I haven't done it, but I've heard its quite an experience -- might be something to think about, especially since its a honeymoon.

I'd say only go to the Toyota museum if they'll let you see the robots that actually build the cars - it's an engineers dream. They showed them to us, as we went as a big group for a field trip from our Uni in Nagoya, but I don't know if individual travelers can see them. Also FYI, they won't let you take pictures of the robots, but you can take pictures in the actual museum, which is interesting too, but I don't know if you'd want to go out of your way if you can only see the museum.

Unfortunately, I can't say much about Tokyo, as I've really never "been there" in the tourist sense.

Hope that helps, though. Good luck!
Thanks for all the suggestion. All travelling will be by shinkansen yes. The robots, well, thats what she design, so I don't think she will be interested to see them in the work, but the plant in overall. The plan with Himeji is going to be early morning (around 9 till 3, then from 3 we will travel back to kobe. We are not really interested in anything else outside of the castle