View Single Post
(#9 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

01-14-2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
I travelled quite a bit and found that Minshukus can also be a cheap alternative (specially in smaller citys) to Youth hostels. I did alot of hitchhiking wich also saved me money and i ate cheap every day.
I ended up spending 7400yen a day while travelling and around 4500yen a day while staying in a Guesthouse in Tokyo.
So, we are talking about around 260 000yen budget wich would keep me travelling for around 1 and a half month and i could probably live for 2 month in one city. I think it should be possible to cut my budget down, but then your trip will end up not beeing enjoyable. Sleeping in internetcafes, eating conbini food everday, only travelling by night bus and not spending any money on going out and i´d say you can do around 6000yen a day.
My one month spending for travelling in Hokkaido (Sapporo, Furano, Biei, Asahidake, Wakkanai, Rebun iland, Monbetsu, abashiri, Shiretoko, kawayu, Akan kohan, Kushiro, Obihiro, Erimo, noboribetsu, Murano, Toyako Onsen, Otaru and back to Sapporo) looks like this:
Accomodation: 110 000 (sleeping in Minshukus, capsule hotels and youth hostels, spending 1 night in a 9000yen Hotel)
Food: 45400 (eating mostly ramen, fast food, convinience store food, sometimes something nice)
Entryfees: 1500
Transportation: 32400 (using local trains, buses and hitchhiking )
Other things: 37400 (wasted most of it on games, bought a prepaid card for my mobile phone, paid for my new driving license,...)

Oh, i dont smoke and hardly drink alkohol, so if you´d like to do that, ad it up on top (or change it with my gaming cost
Thats really pushing it. I spent over 200000 yen in 10 days in 2006 (Don't remember how much I spent to trips prior) and over 450000 yen in 2 weeks in 2007....

I don't know for the others, but numbers under 150000 yen a month is not even feasible in your own local country, not unless you have no other expenses. Let alone a long trip, it won't even be enjoyable. Your day to day will just be walking around, granted, there is nothing wrong with that, but you you will be really really sick of the trip if you don't have enough money, imagine having to walk everywhere and live off convenience store food for a while. My guess is that £2000 will last you about 2-3 weeks. Transportation alone will chew off a good chunk of this, unless you really want to walk everywhere

How much you spend on a trip will change your experience

Last edited by godwine : 01-14-2009 at 12:37 PM.