Thread: money worries
View Single Post
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Firebird (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via ICQ to Firebird Send a message via Skype™ to Firebird
01-14-2009, 03:51 PM

If you calculate my budget together for that month, than it will add up to around 220000, i also think 150000 or less will not be enough to have a nice trip, but maybe enough when staying in one city.
I just dont like it that people talk at about 20000 a day everytime someone asks for budget. I think that it is ok to spend that much if you stay 2 weeks or so, but i can have a really good day with 10000yen. I wouldnt know where to spend 20000 (well i would, but i would feel its a waste of money).
When i stayed in Sapporo for a few days, i ended up spending alot more than while travelling, so its very easy to come over "my budget".
But you can definetly have a great day with less money, and you dont need to spend that much money!
Lets say you stay around Ueno in a cheap place (3200yen). In the morning you get something sweet from the Conbini (300yen). You take a walk through Ameyokocho and buy some stuff (lets say 2000yen). For lunch youll get a 600yen bowl of rice topped with fresh raw fish. You jump on the train to Asakusa (160yen) and see the temple. Its free, but lets say you get a small souvenir 700yen. Later on you jump on another train going towards Shinjuku (230yen). You walk around and see all the "crazy Japan", maybe try pachinko (1000yen) or do some arcade games. Get some dinner (lets say 1500yen) and than 2 beers (1000yen). Head home with the train (230yen).
That day will than run you on 11000yen and you walked out with a little souvenir and some stuff from the market.
I wouldnt say that was a boring day!

But its definetly very easy to spend more than that and i never denied that. I just wanted to point out that you can do it with less. And i had a great time with my budget and ive seen many places others haven´t and i even got to waste quite some money on arcade/coin-games.

Oh and one more thing: Tonyuchia was asking how long he could survive if he watched the money carfully and stayed in cheap places and not how much he´d need to have the time of his live, so i answered that question.

Back home after 1 year work and travel in Japan and 3 month in Korea: www.teglas.asia (text is in German, but see the pictures!)

Last edited by Firebird : 01-14-2009 at 03:55 PM.