(#66 (permalink))
Old
Kojiro (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to Kojiro
01-21-2009, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keaton421 View Post
SUCCESS! I'm glad we could provide a learning environment for you (that's job #1), and I'm glad you're being honest with yourself, that takes guts. You won't really be able to say you love Japan until you've there lived like one of its people, but maybe you'll learn something on your way there!
I'm glad that Japanforum has such a learning environment. Lot's of other forums i've been sifting through that I thought had japanese culture to learn about in them were just all the usual Anime, Manga and Videogames thing and well it just... all the same discussions on " What's your fave manga" and similar. :/

I do hope to visit Japan one day. I just need to get life straightened here first a bit ^_^;. I remember I got some notes from people here last time i was active about planning a trip there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keaton421 View Post
Hey man, I'm glad you responded! There are many ways you could get involved with Japanese culture! The best way, of course, is to visit the country. If you can't do that, there are some good books on Japanese culture, and lots of books in its history! Start with japan-guide.com, browse through some articles on culture, and if something catches your eye, do some deeper research! Good luck man
For the books on Japanese culture... do you recommend any titles? I'll also be definitely checking out that site as well. Too bad it's late where I am right now but... I tend to remember things better when i look up something before sleeping so right now might be the best time for me to look some things up.

Thanks for the great response !