Thread: Alcohol
View Single Post
(#386 (permalink))
Old
OliveJuice (Offline)
New to JF

01-25-2009, 06:55 AM

I guess you can call me a late bloomer of sorts lol. First time I drank I was 18, maybe almost 19.

I'm not judging anyone, and why you do or don't drink is no one's business but your own; no one should be ashamed of feeling how they feel. But I find it interesting that many people label alcohol as this horrible, dangerous potion that turns people into rampaging monsters. Not so much that people have done disgusting things under the influence, but where the blame is placed...

A car is a dangerous weapon in the hands of a person intending to use it as such, and ANYTHING in excess isn't good for you.

Alcohol lowers your inhibitions, so it's not the alcohol you should be afraid of, it's the people lol. If it's in your heart to do something (or not do something), then that's what's in your heart. If someone seems mild mannered but after a few drinks they become a lunatic lol, it's because that person was surpressing those feelings. The alcohol only made them not care about the consequences of showing their real feelings, or acting on their real feelings. Sometimes people that you think you know very well are capable of doing things that you never thought you'd see them do. Call it human nature. In fact, I hate that "the alcohol made me do it" line, it's a pitiful excuse people try to use to get away with doing things that they damn well knew they had no business doing.

You don't need to drink to have a good time, but it can add to a good time when consumed responsibly.

Love more. Hate less.

Last edited by OliveJuice : 01-27-2009 at 04:45 AM.