(#12 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
01-27-2009, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyousuke View Post
i think they have a high death rate also. people dying from over exhaustion, suicide, etc. that might be a problem.
Iv read multiple articles and research studies on this subject but i never get conclusive answers. I do know that there might be a problem with exhaustion and suicide from job related stress but i just dont know how big the problem is.

Since i do not live in Japan i do not have first hand information on the matter only what my friends tell me. A person who actually resides there like Nyororin might be best suited to address this. I know at one point some studies showed that Japan had the highest suicide rate in all the industrialized nations of the world but again i do not know how accurate that statement is.

I understand long working hours and days of no sleep. I work 12 hours a day almost 5 to 6 days a week depending on how much work i have to do but i have never entertained thoughts of ending my life over it.

NyororinI posted that comment to show some of the signs of the problem at hand and how media can and WILL take things to the extreme. The fact that one comment like that can start a frenzy about this subject shows there is a problem. I would have have worded it differently but thats just me i got the jist of what the gentlemen was trying to say.

I commented a while ago on old bureaucrats who like to sit around and discuss a whole lot of nothing and never consult those it directly effects about the problem at hand. I agree with your previous post consulting women would be a great step but is the government willing to put forth the effort?