View Single Post
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Niknaizorai (Offline)
JF Regular

Thank you all - 01-28-2009, 11:01 AM

I am just exploring the subject so I am looking at it from every angle. Some western women might react same way too when they feel they are under biological pressure and think dealing with men is an impossible thing. There is an underlying frustration. "I will have the baby not matter what. I dont need men in my life" kind of thought.

You know this is not quite a theory because I have been told about this by Japanese women living overseas in their own words. Just once clearly and the other one was more of a hint. Believe me, it sounded so "out of the box" (depressing fact) that I became very motivated to research some more. They were women who have been overseas for quite a few years. The culture shock factor would be out of the equation. They would be westernized up to a point but with some frustration for not have been able to understand totally western mind. They are in a middle ground. They dont like aspects of Japan but also they dont succeed with their affective relationships with foreign men. When they approach 40, they might feel some pressure to have baby not matter what. It happens with some western women too. In Japan, they would have followed the normal thing to do like meeting someone, getting married to Japanese husband, have kids, etc. These women didnt accept that in their time so they decided to move out overseas to try something else. Then, they find they reach 40s and they are getting old and they dont have still a family plus they realize that relationship with foreigner is not as easy as it looked from the start. Some of them would succeed to understand western mind but others would stay in frustration.
Another thing, I believe Japanese women who have been overseas too long are not accepted as easily when they want to stay again in Japan. They are looked at as too westernized.

In vitro induced pregnancy would be very impersonal. One just doesnt know whose sperm that is. Too "scientific lab" thing to do.

Maybe they go back and maybe they dont. That would be up to the woman. I think that people in Tokyo would be more tolerant than say a small town in rural Japan.

Japanese modernity and westernization has affected Japanese women way of thinking at many levels. It is like Japanesehood is getting weaker (at least apparently... maybe Japanese are playing western outside but inside nothing has changed) but western mind is not quite there yet. Some Japanese women would do anything to move out overseas to explore. Very few of them will stay overseas for all their lifes but some of them do. I know cases.

For some Japanese women would be a nice thing to have a mixed baby without all the trouble that comes from having a gaijin husband (because all the communication trouble that that implies because of cultural difference).

I didnt mean they had sex with anyone randomly to get accidentally pregnant. Come on guys!! Japanese are risk averse by definition !! It would be carefully planned and "accidentally" looking and probably with the help of some sort of medicine.

Thank you and hoping to hear more comments.

Oh ... I like Japan very much. Japan is an interesting social phenomena in Asia. I hope I am not misunderstood. Sometimes I might not express my thoughts correctly.