(#47 (permalink))
Old
minimin (Offline)
Reeta-Leena Korhola

Send a message via AIM to minimin Send a message via MSN to minimin
02-01-2009, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai007 View Post
I never had to visit a doctor while I was there. The folks I know who did visit one were either very fluent in Japanese, or they had to take someone to translate for them, since many doctors can't speak much (if any) English, and describing exactly what's wrong and how you feel is important to a proper diagnosis and treatment. They said they got good care, but that the medicine/drugs they were given seemed to be weaker/less effective than drugs in the US. (Maybe the dosages were smaller?)

Dentists in Japan were almost universally to be avoided at all costs, to the point of 1 person I knew flying home to have some dental work done! (Well, she was going home anyway, but she held off on having the work done for quite a while so that she could do it at home).
Hmm thanks for responding so quickly ^_^ I just wanted to know peoples experiences with health care, I rarely get sick but you know You tend to get sick when you least expect it and I wanted to hear if it was even slightly okay because my friend said "they didn't hold health-care as high as a standard as electronics" So i just wondered for myself, and the dental work is really that bad there. You think being one of the smarter more advanced countries they'd have better health-care. I want to get more fluent in Japanese as well any ways. So you'd say there biggest problem is there medicine being less effective.

Rest in peace Kyle <3