View Single Post
(#3 (permalink))
Old
AnimeBaby112 (Offline)
Banned

02-01-2009, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slykaz1 View Post
Imagination can always take over ones life if they don't know how to control it. Tho in most cases I would say, like you do, she might have gotten hurt at one point that you are not aware about. And she feels "safe" with the "boyfriend" she has. Tho...nerd-like talk you could just do an electral magnetic field around her and see if she does have a boyfriend that does exist and you can't see, yet she can. Tho I don't know how you'll explain that to her. heh. She might grow out of it. Just let her be. It'll pass soon.

She's still a "child". Where you might have grown out of that stage she still hasn't. Let her be. Respect her as a friend. She'll end up letting go of the "boyfriend" fantasy when the time comes.
Thanks Sly, that is good advice and guidance. Though, the thing is...I don't know if she will grow out of it. I think she thinks this..er "boyfriend" is one of her only friends...And she has been hurt in the past, she had a boyfriend for a year and then they broke up. She was in a lot of pain and wouldn't even accept me trying to help her, she just talked to...him. But...I guess if it is someone whom she can confide in and she feels safe with...I guess its okay. I'm just worried about her future and if she doesn't let this go. I know people will think she is insane and lock her up.
She really thinks he's real. And maybe to her he is....but...Has anyone heard of anyone else doing this?