Old
Naoko (Offline)
Evil Muffin 奈央子

Send a message via AIM to Naoko
02-15-2009, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanX View Post
Quit.......just.....quit.
Don't quit, Gackt21. If he's referring to the "help"...yeah, leave that alone until you learn quite a bit more yourself, no offense. I took a look at that site, and it's a little...strange. If you can afford it, try to get ahold of some books. You're going to want grammar, an actual coursebook, a dictionary, and just my personal thing since I found it was WAAY easier for me to pick up on hiragana and katakana by writing it and picturing what romaji I was reading in my head as the correct characters (at least as correct as it's going to get without my knowing kanji) - a character workbook.

I'm still learning quite a bit myself, so I can't really HELP perse...but I do feel I can point you in the right direction. Here are some of the books I'm using:

Grammar - Amazon.com: Japanese the Manga Way: An Illustrated Guide to Grammar and Structure: Wayne P. Lammers: Books

Coursebook - Amazon.com: Japanese Coursebook: Basic-Intermediate (LL(R) Complete Basic Courses): Living Language: Books
Amazon.com: Elementary Japanese Vol 1: Yoko Hasegawa: Books

Dictionary - Amazon.com: Random House Japanese-English English-Japanese Dictionary: Seigo Nakao: Books

Character Workbook -
(Hiragana/Katakana) - Amazon.com: Learning Japanese Hiragana and Katakana: Workbook and Practice Sheets: Kenneth G. Henshall, Tetsuo Takagaki: Books
(Kanji) - Amazon.com: Kanji Power: A Workbook for Mastering Japanese Characters (Tuttle Language Library): John Millen: Books

I also use flashcards to help with my vocabulary. - Amazon.com: Japanese in a Flash Kit Volume 1 (Tuttle Flash Cards) (Japanese Edition): John Millen: Books

I hope this helps a little bit. Good luck with your learning.

外人警報発令中!!!! ヽ(`Д')ノ
My Japanese still sucks. Feel free to correct me! Any constructive criticism is appreciated.((どうも、ナゴナゴさん!!))