Thread: Necroposting
View Single Post
(#53 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
02-16-2009, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Bravo! If the thread is active, then 'I agree' posts are not spam, but if the thread is old, then it IS a spam!? Wow, what a way of thinking. Thanks to it one might understand that there's absolutely nothing wrong to post all the 'I agree' and other pointless posts.
Never said they're not SPAM in an active thread, assuming things the way you like won't help. I said it is a weak form of spamming... did not specify it active or inactive. This first paragraph was a bunch of nonsense coming from you.

Quote:
So, and 1 person might necropost 5 dead threads with their pointless posts, where each thread might become alive thanks to other members.
The chances of your lame example to happen aren't bigger than mine.
Lame example? Look at your lame way of thinking. Necroposters DON'T help, you see the consequence of their posts before the post itself. I don't get why you skip judging how bad is for posts to have garbage like 'I agree' and 'OMG'. Like I said, if you want to revive a post, don't use this way, add an argument but you clearly like the 'OMG I agree' way. Please develop why?

Quote:
Reviving with an argument is fine huh? Recently I stopped believing in that.
The Geisha --- is it art? thread explains it. It wasn't buried 5 pages back (the whole J-art section has only 8 pages), but it is old, not full three months have pasted before GkScott revived it with his good argument, and the thread was alive again, but you and that burkhar...whatever didn't bother to post something relevant, yours are completely pointless. And this just proves that it doesn't matter if the thread is revived with a good argument or with another pointless post. If, after that, people want make their comments, they'll post them, no matter will their posts be relevant or not.
This is just plain wrong. I replied to an already active thread. It wasn't me who necroposted... sorry but you seem to not understand it very well. The Geisha thread was started by AlphaDuck, and everybody had different opinion from him. He was banned because of flaming and such, we are commenting on that... it is relevant because it happened on that thread. Usually AlphaDucks thread are flame ones anyway. I can't believe you defend yourself by taking an example of unusual threads.

Quote:
Besides some pointless posts ThirdSight and nobora added their arguments to the topic. Since both didn't quote GkScott's post I understand that they just replied to the OP's question, and because of that it would be interesting to know: would they still post their arguments if GkScott's post was completely pointless, or would they ignore it just because of that?
And you point is? 2 arguments + 1 necroposting is better than 3 posts with arguments?

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?