View Single Post
(#24 (permalink))
Old
zed (Offline)
JF Regular

02-21-2009, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobora View Post
Im confused someone explain to me what the Klux klu.... I dont even remember how to say the name .. Its so tongue twisty
"Ku Klux Klan (KKK) is the name of several past and present secret domestic militant organizations in the United States, originating in the southern states and eventually having national scope, that are best known for advocating white supremacy and acting as terrorists while hidden behind conical hats, masks and white robes. The KKK has a record of terrorism,[2] violence, and lynching to intimidate, murder, and oppress African Americans, Jews and other minorities and to intimidate and oppose Roman Catholics and labor unions.
The first Klan was founded in 1865 by veterans of the Confederate Army. Its purpose was to restore white supremacy in the aftermath of the American Civil War. The Klan resisted Reconstruction by intimidating freedmen and white Republicans, members of the abolitionist movement. The KKK quickly adopted violent methods. The increase in murders finally resulted in a backlash among Southern elites who viewed the Klan's excesses as an excuse for federal troops to continue occupation."

I still don't believe you didn't know this.

HI JF I AM BACK!!!
Original language: spanish learning to write in english......so be patient.