View Single Post
(#23 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
02-28-2009, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
Cuteness is subjective, and not something I can really comment on.

His name is Motoki.

And yes, we live in Japan.

I hate to sound cold, but your post sounds like you want something cute - not a child. Have a baby because you want to have and raise a child, not because you think it would be so cute... Babies are babies and children are children - whether you think they`re cute or not. Be very careful, as I think you`ll find even more cold responses from other parents of mixed race children in Japan as it is REALLY irritating to have no one look at your child as a person - instead seeing them as a display of cuteness and that alone.
Mix or no mix, your son is adorable. He's huggable, imo, but for me, I tend to feel that way about most kids in general...or maybe it's the whole "I wouldn't mind a child, but given my age now, I don't think I would want to raise one." I always told myself if I didn't have children by the age of 30 or in a position to financially (emotionally, I know I'm ready for them), then I just won't have them at all. I'm going on 28 this year.