(#27 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
03-01-2009, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
Everybody WANTS to have cute children, I've noticed when girls get pregnant they fantasize of their kids being cute and whatsoever. Tell me a parent who doesn't wish to have a cute child.

She doesn't want 'something' cute, but a cute child. Why did the 'cute' part bother you?
Because she is basing the "cuteness" factor on race. Everyone wants cute children, but not everyone goes around talking about how very cute kids must be because they`re of a specific racial background.

Chances are, if you don`t live in Japan, you won`t get the sheer exasperation behind this. In Japan, "half" equals "cute". Which is fine to an extent, I guess, until it starts getting in the way of normal life. ie. People forgive ANYTHING your child does instead of properly responding and scolding because "Aww, they`re so cute! I wish I had a half child!" (Of course, all the while scolding the other kids.) Or... Instead of praising something your kids does, they just respond with "That`s so CUTE!!" and never actually look at anything else...
Or when you go out somewhere, having people stop in their tracks and point while giggling "Look! It`s so cute!!!" and taking pictures without asking you, etc.

Imagine that on a daily basis. My son is no cuter than other children. It`s a RACIAL thing - based only on the fact that he is half something other than Japanese, which is why it bothers me.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.