View Single Post
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Yoruhoshi (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Yahoo to Yoruhoshi
03-11-2009, 02:26 AM

School systems always shall be corrupt where racial issues and the such are concerned. My freshman year in high school I was in the school's anime club, which had only been alive for four years. That year, the principal was sick of the club, as were several other members of the school board, so they paid some of the troublemakers to go to the club activities. Eventually, because they were known to have come some of the club meetings, the Anime Club was threatened and attacked by the truant and security officers, who took the issue to the higher-ups. The higher-ups being in on it, told us to either restrict our activities or disband. Of course the club officers wanted to keep it alive, so they restricted the activities to themselves and a lucky few in order to keep things under tighter control. But then the school board wasn't satisfied, so they began to BS some stories and eventually the principal had her way and the club was disbanded under the pain of expulsion of all students involved should the club perform any further activity. The Japanese Culture Club (which was seperate from Anime Club and full of non-troublesome students) was also forced to disband, just because the two themes of the clubs were related.

There is really little avoiding oppression where a situation like that is concerned.

At least, that's my opinion.