View Single Post
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
03-16-2009, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAD0W View Post
Wow! Thank you both for your responses! I think I might buy one from that website, but I'm dubious how well they would turn my name into Kanji.. Also, I'd like some awesome kanji.. Don't want to be Mr.FlowerToilet or something silly like that.
In order for it to be legally binding, or even to count as yours - it has to be your name. Making some with Kanji attached might be fun, but in reality if you were ever to need one in Japan it would have to be in Katakana. Highly stylized, no doubt, but not Kanji - therefore with no real meaning. (Unless, like me, your last name IS Kanji, and then it`s okay. )

Quote:
Another question, If I may?

I was reading Crane's post (and your responses) about working in Japan. I don't think I want to leave England.. but if I ever did decide on moving to Japan, how likely will I be able to get a job that will provide a comfortable living?

[cut]

How employable will I be? (if this is the wrong place for me to post this question, Please point me elsewhere and I'll edit accordingly, but I'd appreciate your opinion)

Also, I wouldn't want to go through JET or anything like that, I'd want to apply for a job like i would for a job in England if possible?
All that will really count toward you in Japan will be your degree and your past experience. Teaching certification is different here, and I doubt would carry over. However, if you`re aiming for JLPT1 there should be nothing stopping you from taking the tests and receiving certification in Japan also. Will it carry any weight is another story - Chances are anywhere that would be open to hiring you will want you to teach English... And teaching English doesn`t really draw from certifications. In fact, to teach English even in a regular school, you don`t need to have anything other than an arbitrary degree for visa purposes. Of course, having real certifications will certainly give you the edge when applying.

Elementary school English classes are growing in popularity so you may have quite a chance of being hired. It would really be down to luck - finding a school with an opening that would be willing to hire someone from abroad and go through the visa process with them.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.