View Single Post
(#30 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

03-22-2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksyndrem View Post
I just noticed this, but the Hiragana on that site as a bit more to it than this chart, http://www.japanorama.com/images/hiragana.gif that someone else told me to use? I'm confused as to what to use?
Yes, there is more Hiragana than the link that you just gave me. The link you showed me is only the basic Hiragana, but you will need to know them all in order to write properly.

For example,

If you want to say, 'Good Morning,' which is 'Ohayou Gozaimasu,' it is 'おはようございます。' 

As you can see, you need to use the Hiragana and Katakana Practice - Real Kana table to be able to know what 'Go' (ご)and 'Za' (ざ) is.

Also, to say things like 'Today,' which is 'Kyou,' you have to put 'きょう.'

As you can see, Ki (き) is combined with a small version of Yo (ょ) to make 'Kyo.'

You need to know this in order to write everything you need to, so I strongly advise you learn everything on the table I gave you.

I hope that wasn't too complicated!

Also, romaji is not an accurate representation of what you should right in kana. You often see 'Arigato' in romaji, but the actual spelling is 'ありがとう。

It has an extra 'U' (う) sound on the end. So make sure you start learning and reading kana as soon as possible to avoid mistakes with translating from romaji.

Hope that helps