(#18 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
04-02-2009, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoyankee View Post
Missing the pre-subway era in Nagoya... The streetcars, the little 3-wheeled automobiles and not a single skyscraper. An okonomiyaki only cost 20-30 yen! 10 yen got you a big icecream bar. Only a few years ago....
A few tens of years ago. :P

The 20~30 yen okonomiyaki though... I know a place in 南区 that still only charges that much.
At least I got here before Nagoya station towers were finished though. Watched the opening on TV and was very glad I wasn`t actually present, as it looked like people were crushing each other on their way in.

Back to the topic (sort of) though - how long has Christmas been a fairly well known thing?

Quote:
What I find funny, though, is the fact that a lot of "Westerners" expect us to celebrate their holidays when they celebrate none of ours.
I think that is partially because most of Europe, and a fair chunk of the rest of the world does celebrate the Christian holidays. For a lot of people, it`s very hard to imagine somewhere not being all that influenced by Christianity - even if it`s not Christian.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.

Last edited by Nyororin : 04-02-2009 at 05:55 AM.