View Single Post
(#65 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
04-30-2009, 07:20 PM

Pexter, I really don't want guns on campus. However, the way the law is written there are problems for innocent people if someone wants to make trouble for them. Unfortunately the pending bills is even worse.

As it is now, if I have to drive 40 miles through an undeveloped area at 2am when I get off work, I would like to be able to defend myself if I run into trouble. But because I work at a university, I have to leave any and all weapons I own at home where they are of no use. I want it in my vehicle en route not 40 miles away. I do not want to be able to carry it around campus and certainly not into any building or gathering. But the current law says if I even drive across the perimeter of state property I can be arrested if there is so much as my chef's knife or a baseball bat locked in my trunk. Under the existing law my chef's knife is illegal because the blade is more than 4" long and a baseball bat it a club. If I go on a cross country trip and carry my registered and licensed .22, I have to take it home before I could answer a page to come to my office. Its unreasonable.

but instead of amending the law to correct the real problems with it, this Respresentative has gone overboard and tries to allow guns anywhere.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.