Thread: Literature
View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Nachtschatten (Offline)
New to JF

Literature - 03-19-2007, 11:17 AM

greetings,

I haven't found any topic on literature, so I would like to start one.
Who's your favourite author? Have you read books that you want to recommend or are you searching for something?

I read a lot of german novels, but thats not really of use here. I especially like Paul Auster as an american author. Or H. P. Lovecraft, who wrote horror stories and was a genius in creating a tense atmosphere, but at the same in drawing beautiful pictures.
An one author, who really fascinates me, is Haruki Murakami. Does anyone know other authors, who let reality and dream melt together and put so great emphasis on feelings and relationships like him?
I would also like to read more novels with a japanese background, maybe even some that take place in history.

Feel free to talk about it and have a nice day.

Unhappy is he to whom the memories of childhood bring only fear and sadness. Wretched is he who looks back upon lone hours in vast and dismal chambers with brown hangings and maddening rows of antique books, or upon awed watches in twilight groves of grotesque, gigantic, and vine-encumbered trees that silently wave twisted branches far aloft. Such a lot the gods gave to me - to me, the dazed, the disappointed, the barren, the broken.